The University of Portsmouth is an innovative university committed to transforming your future and ensuring you have the best possible experience.
Offering a rich variety of postgraduate study opportunities, most of our programmes offer both full and part-time options to provide flexible delivery to meet the demands of busy lifestyles. Industry relevant Master’s courses are central to our curriculum with a significant number of our courses accredited or validated by professional organisations.
- Joining a postgraduate community of over 3,000 UK, EU and International students
- The prestigious University Library, including a dedicated postgraduate study area
- The Graduate School - a first port of call for all postgraduate research
- A dedicated in-house careers and recruitment team ready to support you in your career planning
- Partnerships with local, national and international organisations
- We offer superb facilities in a vibrant waterfront location - a university by the sea but in the heart of one of Britain's most historic cities.
We offer a diverse range of more than 130 Master’s courses and postgraduate research degrees delivered by our academic departments and schools, each with its own research and professional specialisms.
We have a thriving research community of more than 800 research students across five faculties who are supported by over 500 highly trained research supervisors. Our Graduate School provides excellent support and guidance for the university-wide community of research students. Portsmouth is ranked in the top 50 of the Guardian's 2017 League table, in the top 10 for modern university's and in the 2% of the Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
Our comprehensive research degree training and development programme offers over 150 workshops on a wide range of topics to help you develop your research, professional and transferable skills.
Our aim is to provide you with the knowledge and skills essential for the global workplace.