Watch your Engineering career take off with Heathrow’s Engineering Professional Development Programme.
Engineering at Heathrow is unlike engineering at any other organisation. With 200,000 passengers arriving and departing each day (reaching 77 million people in 2017) through our 5 active terminals the sheer scale and scope of what we do is immense. A city within a city. Heathrow teems with thousands of employees all striving to make every journey better.
With so much going on at any one time and a mega expansion project commencing, it is vital that we keep everything running smoothly. And that’s why our engineers are so crucial to our success. Involved in Maintenance, Successful integration of projects, Management of our facilities, Rail infrastructure. Asset management. Civil portfolios and data… we quite simply couldn’t open our doors without them.
Our 700 strong team of engineers work on all the things that help us function. Not only that but we encourage our engineers to move around the airport and to develop diverse skills at the very cutting edge of technology So if you join us, you won’t just be keeping Heathrow moving, you will be keeping your career moving too.
- An engineering graduate with a 2:1 or higher, BEng or BSc in Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic or Structural engineering
- Keen to become a Chartered engineer
- Willing to work in an exciting environment with some shift working
As an Engineering professional Development trainee you could:
- Start on a salary of over £27,000
- Gain extensive leadership and management training in a workplace environment
- Undertake a bespoke training programme tailored to your career ambitions
- Receive Institute sponsorship and accreditation to help you achieve Chartered status
- Benefit from Comprehensive support, mentoring and workplace buddy system to help you achieve your goals