With increased competition for graduate jobs, your CV may now compete with up to 200 others per vacancy. You never get a second chance to make a first impression so it is essential you ensure your CV stands out from the crowd and helps you secure that all-important interview!
Specialists from The Write Stuff will be on hand in the CV Clinic at the National Graduate Recruitment Exhibition to give you one-to-one advice on your CV. They will make sure you have avoided all the classic mistakes and have created a CV that highlights all your skills that employers are looking for.
In preparation for taking your CV to the CV Clinic here are some of our top tips:
- Be clear and concise and only include relevant information. An an employer is unlikely to pick up a CV that is pages and pages long - try and keep your CV down to two sides of A4
- List the most important information first, such as education and your work experience
- Make sure you can account for any chronological gaps in your CV to avoid any awkward questions at the interview stage
- Remember that you learn transferable skills in lots of different areas of your life. If you were a keen sportsman/woman at university or ran a society, include this on your CV as it will impress a potential employer
- Ask someone to proofread your CV for you. Spelling mistakes and grammatical errors make you look lazy
- Use a sensible email address - email@example.com will not give a professional reflection of yourself!
The CV Clinic is facilitated by The Write Stuff:
Are You a High Flyer?
GradJobs offers an exclusive forum for the best and brightest graduates who have exceeded academic expectations. High Flyers' gain access to the private members area at The National Recruitment Exhibition, free refreshments, fast track entry and opportunities to network with recruiters away from the crowds. Not forgetting the on-going perks throughout the year.
CV Do's and Don't's
There's always a way to improve your CV. Read The Write Stuff's top tips and expert advice on how to ensure your CV reflects your true abilities and get you that all important interview! Don't miss the opportunity for their one-to-one advice at the National Graduate Recruitment Exhibitions.
Pick up a copy of GradJobs.co.uk and GradJobs directory from your careers service today. Tackling graduate issues head on, along with essential advice and guidance, it's not to be missed. Our directory is a comprehensive guide to the best graduate jobs on the market. It also gives you an opportunity to research companies and arrive to the exhibitions fully prepared.