Sopra Steria - Graduate Service Manager
- Industry Sector:
- Business & management, IT & telecoms
- South East, Ireland, UK
Who is Sopra Steria?
Sopra Steria is the European leader in digital transformation. We provide one of the most comprehensive portfolios of end-to-end service offerings and are trusted by leading private and public organisations to address their most complex and critical business challenges. We enable them to make the best use of information technology.
The Sopra Steria Aerospace, Defence and Security (ADS) sector would like to employ a Graduate into the post of Graduate Service Manager Trainee. Following an extensive programme of leaning and development, the successful candidate will fulfil the role of Junior Service Manager and as such will be a critical member of a team delivering and supporting a wide and diverse range of IT service solutions to our clients.
What is the role of a Graduate Service Manager?
The Service Manager Graduate will be a critical member of a team delivering and supporting a wide and diverse range of IT service solutions to our clients.
Activities that the Graduate Service Manager will undertake with our clients include:
- Understanding what their business does, and how it does it
- Working with a team of IT professionals to provide support and improvement through transformation
- Identifying where and how Sopra Steria and its clients can improve service provision and support
- Identifying their business change needs, and the impact those changes may have on their business and staff
- Analysing and documenting requirements and supporting the communication and delivery of those requirements with the relevant stakeholders
What does the future hold?
Following 24 months of Graduate training and development the successful candidate will be employed as a Junior Service Manager in our Secure Service Management Centre in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire. There is further potential to progress to become a Service Architect.
What do we expect from you?
These are the essential skills required:
- A 2:1 or above in an IT / Computing, Business Information Systems, Business IT, Chemistry, Computer Science, Geography, History, Mathematics, Operational Research, Physics, Statistics or any other science based subject
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- A highly motivated self-starter who is enthusiastic about technology with a desire to build on existing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- A professional and effective communicator
- Flexible in terms of location and mobility. All graduates will be required to travel and work on client site at locations across the UK and Ireland
- Experience in or a familiarity with IT Service Management and the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) (Desired)
Where this can take you?
The work we do for our clients across UK central and local MOD, Government, Defence and Emergency Services, and for major retail, utility and financial organisations ranges from highly specialised consulting assignments to major long-term outsourcing partnerships. The skills and experience you gain will enable you to take a key role in high-profile and challenging client projects. The successful individual can expect to embark on a rigorous training and work experience regime to gain (up to) expert qualifications in ITIL. This may be accompanied by a number of periods of work experience within different contracts, the Sopra Steria Secure Service Management Centre, the sector Project Office and with the Service Architecture team responsible for the design and delivery of new solutions.
Sopra Steria is the European leader in digital transformation. We provide one of the most comprehensive portfolios of end to end service offerings in the market: Consulting, Systems Integration, Software Development and Business Process Services. We are trusted by leading organisations in the public and private sectors to deliver successful digital transformation programmes and support the systems, services and processes that make today’s world turn. We find real solutions to our clients’ business challenges and touch the lives of millions around the globe each and every day.
Our strong local presence throughout the UK helps to forge and maintain close relationships not only with our clients but also the local communities in which we operate. Sustainability is at the heart of our organisation, encompassing people, the economy and the environment. By incorporating good principles of sustainability into all aspects of our business we will create more value for our customers, be a part of more sustainable economies and communities, have more engaged employees, and differentiate ourselves from our competitors.
Graduates join Sopra Steria because we offer you great training, development and career progression prospects. Joining us as a graduate is a proper job with real responsibilities. It's an eye opening experience which will enable you to build upon your university knowledge whilst gaining a valuable insight into our business. It will be your opportunity to learn a variety of new, practical skills and make a real impact within your department. We will provide you with a stepping stone from which you can launch an exciting, high-powered IT career and truly maximise your potential.