Mazars - Business Performance Improvement Junior Consultant - 2017
- Industry Sector:
- Banking & finance, Business & management
Business Performance Improvement Junior Consultant
The Business Performance Improvement (BPI) Consulting team offer a full complement of BPI services including:
- Finance / Operations process analysis and redesign – primary focus
- Finance / Operations organisation design – secondary focus
- Management information and reporting – secondary focus
- Project and change management – secondary focus
Our clients range in size from large multinationals to small owner-managed businesses across multiple sectors throughout the UK and abroad. We also work with public sector bodies and charities. Our primary focus is around client’s finance and operations functions, however we do undertake process improvement and organisation design reviews in other business areas.
As a BPI Consulting Junior Consultant you will be involved in various aspects of project delivery and will actively contribute to project field work, analysis and developing final recommendations. You will also assist with the running of workshops and seminars and with the publication of internal and external articles on topics of interest.
As a Junior Consultant, your typical daily duties will include:
- Conduct / support reviews to redesign client’s critical processes (primary focus)
- Conduct / support reviews to analyse and redesign client’s structures, reporting and approaches to project and change management (secondary focus)
- Collect and synthesise information from fieldwork and draft client-specific conclusions/recommendations
- Assist with the project management of client assignments by communicating directly with clients
- Maintain professional working relationships with clients throughout the fieldwork and social activities
- Prepare presentations / marketing collateral, ensuring that documents are compliant with the firm’s standards
- Support with business development activities, such as tender proposals for new work
- Attend all training courses as required
- Have an awareness of the various services provided by Mazars
- Ensure timesheets are completed on a weekly basis
Person Specification & Academic Requirements
We are looking for people who bring something special to the firm and who also have some distinctive qualities. We want driven people who think creatively about their work, embrace challenges and can resolve complex problems.
- Demonstrates strong analytical, research and communication skills
- Participates in meetings, providing information and ideas with clarity and persuasiveness
- Respects differences in people and values diversity of ideas
- Takes ownership of assigned tasks and adopts a pro-active approach
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Produces accurate and timely work
- Ability to build relationships
- Applies active listening skills – asks questions when necessary but makes basic assumptions when appropriate
- Actively seeks to enhance own expertise and knowledge
- Demonstrates drive and commitment to self-development
- Professional approach to work and clients i.e. professional appearance, respect for individuals, and ethical conduct
- 2.1 or above in any degree discipline
- Minimum of 280 UCAS points (to have achieved in the same academic year, from your best 3 A Levels and excluding General Studies)
- Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths
If there were extenuating/exceptional circumstances that affected your result(s), please tell us in your application form so we can consider whether we take them into account.
Support & Training
You will attend BPI specific training sessions throughout the year to support your professional and personal development.
You will be given a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
At Mazars we don’t have a “one size fits all” approach to benefits. We want you to be able to choose benefits that you want, rather than have all benefits chosen for you.
“my” is a scheme that you manage through a personalised online system. Benefits are organised into five categories: my family, my finance & security, my leisure & lifestyle, my health & wellbeing and my charitable giving.
We are an internationally integrated, transparent and independent organisation specialising in audit, tax, and advisory services. Mazars has a global presence in 77 countries with over 17,000 professionals. In the UK, we operate from 20 offices with over 1,600 professionals.
The more we grow as individuals; the more Mazars grows.
Our firm has thrived because of the quality of our individuals – the work we do makes a long-term difference to our clients’ successes and goals. With a global network of offices, we continue to encourage our people to express themselves openly – to add their individual talents and opinions to the Mazars mosaic.
We all work within a culture of high support and high challenge at Mazars. We are not afraid to take on new and greater responsibilities. But we do this through encouragement – not pressure and competition.
Closing Date for Applications: 6th March 2016
GO FROM TRAINEE, TO QUALIFIED BUSINESS PROFESSIONAL, TO THE TOP OF YOUR GAME!
- Progress to a managerial position
- Work in one of our overseas offices
- Specialise within your area of expertise
- Transfer to another business area