Knowledge Exchange & Enterprise Network (KEEN) - Junior Java/Android Apps Developer
- Industry Sector:
- Science & research
- West Midlands
The ideal candidate will be a competent JAVA and Eclipse/Android SDK software developer who can analyze customer requirements and produce well-structured and tested code suitable for deployment on various Android and Linux server system.
Experience of contributing to the open source community is desirable along with experience of developing software .net software for PCs such as VB or C#.
- JAVA design, coding and maintenance of a new building management solution within Android SDK and Linux platforms.
- Record all aspects of the project design, development and design activities
- Documentation / bug tracking / Version control source code.
- Maintain software for current products, bug fixing and adding new features
- Co-Development of mongoDB database solutions to store data from a variety of sensors, lighting and energy monitoring systems.
- To work with other team members to develop specifications of new or replacement products based on marketing and other inputs so as to extract key metrics to be used within projects. Attend and support internal Design Reviews.
- Provide technical support to the sales team and liaise with suppliers/customers.
- Testing, benchmarking and validating software
- Creation of product datasheets and user manuals
- Developing lighting/sensor protocol interfaces using Java
- Applicants will ideally have attained a good Degree in Computer Science, IT or Computer Security disciplines and will have experience of system level design for a variety of OS platforms including Android and Linux as a minimum.
- Experience of developing software for Android mobile devices using Android SDK, Eclipse and Android Studio along with good unit testing experience.
- Java Maven, Gradle and Spring
- Need to be familiar with Ethernet based protocols and common methods of secure communications such as public/private key encryption such as SSH.
- Experience of developing software in a team environment with good knowledge of software version control systems such as GIT and Bit-bucket.
- Solid database integration with APPs and web portals such as MySQL or mongoDB
- Knowledge of frameworks such as struts, hibernate, spring, JUnit, Jface
- An understanding of Linux operating servers
- Lateral thinking and problem solving skills
- Valid driving license and own transport
- Capable of clear and accurate communication, both verbal and written.
As an integral part of the Design team the ideal candidate should be self-motivated, with the ability to explain ideas, concepts and technical information to other team members.
To apply for this exciting position, please send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting JL/IST/March17 no later than midday on Wednesday 3rd May. Please note that if you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date, you can assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
All enquiries are to be directed to the University via email@example.com, please do not contact the company.
This position is part funded by European Regional Development Fund and is subject to funding.
Knowledge Exchange & Enterprise Network (KEEN)
Are you a graduate who is:
- KEEN to kick start your career?
- Looking for a hands-on role?
- Open to a 6 - 18 month work placement?
Yes? Then KEEN is just for you!
The Knowledge Exchange & Enterprise Network (KEEN) is a graduate recruitment programme designed to give bright and talented graduates a platform to launch their careers, while gaining valuable business skills along the way.
Lead by the University of Wolverhampton, KEEN is delivered in partnership with Aston University, Birmingham City University, Coventry University and Harper Adams University and is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
It’s a three-way relationship between a graduate (or Affiliate – that’s you!), a company and a regional university; and can last between 6 to 18 months.
What’s in it for you?
- Gain credible work experience to boost your CV
- Receive ongoing support from start to finish
- Play a pivotal role in the growth of a company
So, if you want the chance to use your degree, have ownership of your work from day one, while earning a regular competitive salary, then KEEN offers the ideal opportunity.