Knowledge Exchange & Enterprise Network (KEEN) - Inventor iLogic Development Engineer
- Industry Sector:
- Science & research
- West Midlands
This position is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF)
Role of the Design and Development Engineer
This 12 month fixed term contract provides an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and creative graduate engineer to get involved in implementing a process improvement, which will fast-track the time it takes to design commonly commissioned jobs from scratch.
Working with products supplied to sectors such as Nuclear, Rail, and Water/utility industries.
You will work with the support of engineers from the University of Wolverhampton, with the aim of creating a full library of parametric assemblies for the company’s product range, utilising current 3D models and 2D drawings.
The successful candidate will be predominantly based at Steelway Fensecure Ltd in Wolverhampton although may occasionally be located at the West Bromwich site should the project require it.
The successful candidate will:
- have a good degree in Mechanical Engineering or related subject
- possess highly developed verbal and written English language skills
- be self-motivated, enthusiastic and able to project-manage this development
- be experienced with Computer Science including software coding
Ideally the candidate will have some, or all of the following:
- relevant industrial work experience in the Steel Products Industry
- extensive knowledge and be an experienced user of CAD, especially Autodesk AutoCAD and Inventor iLogic software
- experience of New Product Development (NPD) and working in a busy drawing office
To apply for this exciting position, please apply by visiting http://www.imkeen2.co.uk/keenjobs/job/jobitem/14-inventor-ilogic-development-engineer no later than midday on Tuesday 4th July 2017. Please note that if you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date, you can assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
All enquiries are to be directed to the University via firstname.lastname@example.org, please do not contact the company.
Knowledge Exchange & Enterprise Network (KEEN)
Are you a graduate who is:
- KEEN to kick start your career?
- Looking for a hands-on role?
- Open to a 6 - 18 month job?
Yes? Then KEEN is just for you!
The Knowledge Exchange & Enterprise Network (KEEN) is a graduate recruitment programme designed to give bright and talented graduates a platform to launch their careers, while gaining valuable business skills along the way.
Lead by the University of Wolverhampton, KEEN is delivered in partnership with Aston University, Birmingham City University, Coventry University and Harper Adams University and is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
It’s a three-way relationship between a graduate (or Affiliate – that’s you!), a company and a regional university; and can last between 6 to 18 months.
What’s in it for you?
- Gain credible work experience to boost your CV
- Receive ongoing support from start to finish
- Play a pivotal role in the growth of a company
So, if you want the chance to use your degree, have ownership of your work from day one, while earning a regular competitive salary, then KEEN offers the ideal opportunity.
To find out more & register for job alerts, visit: www.imkeen2.co.uk