Knowledge Exchange & Enterprise Network (KEEN) - Habitat Creation Consultant
- Industry Sector:
- Teaching & education, Science & research
- West Midlands
The Habitat Creation Consultant is responsible to the Managing Director for implementing edaphic and hydro-ecological aspects of projects and contracts. The work includes: (i) assisting with the planning of consultancy projects; (ii) implementing and delivering projects; and (iii) assisting with other work of the company. The Habitat Creation Consultant is not responsible for the work of others.
Educated to degree level or MSc level in a relevant discipline or disciplines, you will need an understanding of Environmental consultancy work, ecological and biodiversity issues, Edaphic and Hydro-ecological surveying, habitat creation techniques and report writing and office systems.
You will need to show skills in Habitat Creation, Edaphic and Hydro-ecological survey skills, ideally including protected species. You will need to have organisational skills for both paper files and computer files, time management skills and excellent communication skills (both written and spoken). Professional work in the environment especially biodiversity and consultancy would be an advantage, as would experience in managing projects
It is essential that you are able to decide and manage priorities, to work on your own initiative and with others, and to drive.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Assist with the production of work schedules for consultancy work.
- Assist in organizing the implementation of projects by staff and specialist sub-contractors.
- Balance the requirements of clients and statutory consultees with respect to site hydro-ecology, whilst maintaining a professional approach (following IEEM Codes of Practice).
- Ensure risk assessments and other aspects of Health & Safety are complied with at all times.
Project implementation and delivery
- Carry out desk-based edaphic and hydro-ecological research.
- Carry out field work, including edaphic and hydro-ecological surveys, monitoring and acting as clerk of works.
- Produce reports to the highest standards of presentation.
- Ensure all records, files and administration are kept up to date and in a tidy condition.
- Ensure all relevant information is passed to the appropriate project managers and the administrative support team.
- Develop field skills and expertise in one or more specialist edaphic and hydro-ecological areas with a particular focus on mire and swamp habitats.
- Assist in developing and maintaining our library of information on habitat creation techniques as well as selected species requirements particularly those associated with mire and swamp habitats.
- Assist with such other aspects of contract work as may be required.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake travel necessary to develop and manage the partnership element of the project within the UK and abroad.
To apply for this exciting position, please send your CV and a cover letter to: email@example.com quoting JL/Middlemarch/May2017 no later than midday on Monday 15th May. Please note that if you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date, you can assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Only graduates with relevant degrees need apply. Previous applicants need not apply.
This position is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
Knowledge Exchange & Enterprise Network (KEEN)
Are you a graduate who is:
- KEEN to kick start your career?
- Looking for a hands-on role?
- Open to a 6 - 18 month work placement?
Yes? Then KEEN is just for you!
The Knowledge Exchange & Enterprise Network (KEEN) is a graduate recruitment programme designed to give bright and talented graduates a platform to launch their careers, while gaining valuable business skills along the way.
Lead by the University of Wolverhampton, KEEN is delivered in partnership with Aston University, Birmingham City University, Coventry University and Harper Adams University and is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
It’s a three-way relationship between a graduate (or Affiliate – that’s you!), a company and a regional university; and can last between 6 to 18 months.
What’s in it for you?
- Gain credible work experience to boost your CV
- Receive ongoing support from start to finish
- Play a pivotal role in the growth of a company
So, if you want the chance to use your degree, have ownership of your work from day one, while earning a regular competitive salary, then KEEN offers the ideal opportunity.