Knowledge Exchange & Enterprise Network (KEEN) - Graduate Project Manager
- Industry Sector:
- Business & management
- West Midlands
This position is part funded by European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
14 month fixed term contract based at International Tube & Fittings, Wednesbury, West Midlands The role:
International Tube & Fittings are leading stockists for a wide range of tube and fittings. They have a broad range of stock which needs to be accurately accounted for and are looking to implement bar code technology to improve their processes. This technology will be outsourced and developed by a local firm; the Graduate Project Manager role will oversee the smooth transition to full utilisation of the bar code technology. This will include ensuring correct installation, full training and overseeing potential further development. You will be responsible for implementing the new technology into the company, applying your knowledge of Computer Science and utilising practical experience of working within a manufacturing/ commercial environment.
What are we looking for?
- BSc (Hons) minimum 2:1 in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Business or related subject with an excellent understanding of project management
- Self-motivation and ambition – with the desire to drive a strategically important project
- Ability to balance technical issues with commercial constraints and demonstration of abstract thinking
- A good communicator with the ability to engage at all levels and deliver training at an appropriate level
- Ability to demonstrate project management skills including the capability to translate business needs into tangible outputs
- Aptitude to work autonomously as well as engagement within a team
- Willingness to travel throughout the UK as deemed necessary to complete the project
What can we offer you
- A fantastic opportunity to launch a career in industry with the support of academic and company mentors
- A competitive salary
- Equipment budget for you to spend, ensuring required equipment to complete the project.
To apply for this exciting position, please send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting AHK/ITS/May17 no later than midday on Tuesday 30th May. Please note that if you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date, you can assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
All enquiries are to be directed to the University via email@example.com. Please do not contact the company.
Knowledge Exchange & Enterprise Network (KEEN)
Are you a graduate who is:
- KEEN to kick start your career?
- Looking for a hands-on role?
- Open to a 6 - 18 month job?
Yes? Then KEEN is just for you!
The Knowledge Exchange & Enterprise Network (KEEN) is a graduate recruitment programme designed to give bright and talented graduates a platform to launch their careers, while gaining valuable business skills along the way.
Lead by the University of Wolverhampton, KEEN is delivered in partnership with Aston University, Birmingham City University, Coventry University and Harper Adams University and is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
It’s a three-way relationship between a graduate (or Affiliate – that’s you!), a company and a regional university; and can last between 6 to 18 months.
What’s in it for you?
- Gain credible work experience to boost your CV
- Receive ongoing support from start to finish
- Play a pivotal role in the growth of a company
So, if you want the chance to use your degree, have ownership of your work from day one, while earning a regular competitive salary, then KEEN offers the ideal opportunity.
To find out more & register for job alerts, visit: www.imkeen2.co.uk