Academies Enterprise Trust - School Direct Teacher Training Programme
- Industry Sector:
- Teaching & education
- London, South East, South West, East Anglia, East Midlands, West Midlands, North East, North West, UK
Are you a graduate or career changer who is passionate about their subject and want to make a difference to children’s lives? Train as a teacher with Academies Enterprise Trust and learn from some of the best teachers and leaders in the profession!
Benefits of working with AET
- Excellent employment rates
- Bursaries up to £35K depending on degree grade and subject
- Access to Science and Maths Scholarships with bursaries up to £37K
- You will be awarded Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) with Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
- You will based in the school of your choice!
- Very diverse and multicultural organisation, each school is different
- Free access to a range of accredited national training opportunities
- Strong mentor support
- Work with Ofsted rated ‘outstanding’ and ‘good’ accredited Universities and Providers throughout England.
- A high percentage of time spent in schools with staff experienced at training teachers
- A high quality professional studies programme delivered by experienced experts.
- Access to Research & Development
- Membership to AET Subject Leaders Programme where you will benefit from a range of wonderful opportunities to enrich your teaching and learning
- Opportunities to collaborate with academies within our cluster on joint projects
- Involvement in extra- curricular activities and national and overseas trips
- Membership to the BHSF Health Insurance Scheme
- Free parking
- School holidays
- Subsidised lunches
1. Want a fulfilling career where you can make a profound difference?
2. Have a passion for learning and inspiring others?
3. Want to join a supportive profession with opportunities for progression?
4. Love working with children?
The School Direct Teacher Training Programme provides a school based, ‘hands-on’ approach starting from September through to July. You will be based at the school of your choice for the majority of your training apart from a second placement in a contrasting school. During your training year we will help you secure a role at your academy or at another one within our network. You will then join our New Qualified Teacher (NQT) programme which supports your development as a new teacher. We will invest in your development and provide high quality professional development throughout your career journey with us.
Academies Enterprise Trust (AET)
We are a network of 64 Primary, Secondary and Special schools throughout England. We firmly believe that every child deserves an excellent education and the opportunity to become world class learners. To fulfil this, we need great teachers to inspire our children!
Academies Enterprise Trust is the largest educational sponsor, with 64 Primary, Secondary and Special academies across the length and breadth of the country.
The AET National Teaching School Alliance aims to train the best teachers in all subjects through the School Direct Programme; a key route into achieving Qualified Teacher Status, a PGCE and a rewarding career in teaching.
Entry Requirements: All applicants must have an undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification, with a minimum 2.2. In addition all applicants must have a grade C or above in GCSE English and Mathematics. For primary teacher training opportunities, a grade C or above is also required in GCSE Science.
Funding: School Direct offers both tuition fee based and salaried routes into teacher training. Tuition fee loans are available for all applicants and bursaries and scholarships of up to £25,000 are available where eligible.
See our nationwide vacancies here
Find out more information about the School Direct Teacher Training programme here