Location: South Birmingham
Cumulative Starting Salary: £30,497
Salary Breakdown: £22,973 - £25,521 , plus 20% shift allowance, plus £2,930 location allowance
Could you help us support police services nationwide?
Across the country, polices services rely on our Customer Service Centre (CSC) for expert IT support. With demand for services growing, we’re adding to our team. As a Service Desk Analyst, you’ll be the first point of contact for staff and officers with IT problems. In short, you’ll have a critical role in a 24/7 operation. If you want to play your part in fighting crime, this is your opportunity.
Aligned to ITL best practice, the Customer Service Centre has received substantial investment over recent years. It’s now a centre of excellence, with a 20-strong Service Desk team. As a Service Desk Analyst, you’ll respond to telephone and email requests for help with IT issues. You’ll aim to fix problems first time and provide excellent customer service.
The majority of the requests will concern account administration and set ups. You’ll offer 1st line support: logging tickets, providing helpful assistance and keeping accurate records. The Centre operates 24/7, so you must be able to work 12-hour shifts as part of a rota.
Experience of IT support would be an advantage, but it’s not essential. We’ll give you a full induction and ongoing training if you’ve got the other talents we’re looking for. Above all, you’ll need great customer service skills and a friendly, helpful approach. You must be good with people and great in a team, with strong written skills. If you’re also IT-literate and detail-focused, we’d like to hear from you.
This role comes with a range of benefits, plus development opportunities and the chance to help protect millions of people across the nation.
Responsible to: Service Support Manager
This role will report to the Service Support Manager and the role holder will provide 1st line IT support expertise for the national Customer Service Centre (CSC).
This role will provide a primary point of contact for all customers and users of the CSC’s services. Responding to telephone and e-mail enquiries and requests this person must be friendly, clearly spoken and have excellent written skills.
This role will work on a 24/7 shift based rota.
The main focus for this role is outstanding customer service, working within a friendly team environment and good attention to detail.
A history or knowledge of IT support would be highly beneficial but this will form part of the induction and training for the right candidate.
Main duties include:
- Responding to telephone requests
- Logging tickets and routing them to the correct resolution team
- Trying to resolve issues for customers at the first point of contact
- Providing helpful, accurate assistance to service users
- Working in a supportive, positive manner within an established team
- Maintaining a high standard of accuracy in recorded and written work.
- Worked in a Customer Service Role (technically diverse environment beneficial)
- Excellent Telephone Manner
- Excellent standard of written English
- Punctual and Reliable
- Worked to defined SLAs
- Operational knowledge and experience of working with call management systems
- Worked with a service management framework (ITIL beneficial)
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Operations Systems
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory
- Basic working knowledge of Cisco VoIP and Video Conferencing systems
- ITIL Foundation Certification desirable
Apply by 25/06/2018