Start Date: 2020
The job and its environment
At Method we are a group of sustainability professionals with a common goal to reduce the environmental impact of buildings through sustainable engineering design and advice. We are experts in sustainable building design, building services engineering and the application of renewable energy for buildings. We work on an exciting and diverse range of projects. We pride ourselves on our unrivalled ability to deliver innovative and fresh designs from a young and dynamic team and we are looking for talented graduates to join our office in Swindon. We provide a great working environment with excellent training and support – in 2016 we were given the CIBSE Employer of the Year Award, having been shortlisted in the past, and have been listed in the Building Magazine Top 50 Employers Guide for the last three years.
What we do
We provide a wide ranging technical consultancy service with sustainability at the heart of the design process, including:
- providing advice on sustainability, BREEAM and building physics
- advising clients on integrating renewable energy technologies into buildings to provide sustainable energy
- using latest dynamic simulation software as part of energy, CO2, thermal and daylight analysis
What to expect
A “hands on” learning style with constant support and tuition from experienced team members. You will be assigned a mentor who will guide you through your roles and responsibilities. Responsibilities increase rapidly as confidence and experience is gained. In addition, you will be encouraged to develop your qualifications and become affiliated with an accredited institution such as CIBSE, IMechE, IET or the Energy Institute and our training programme supports this.
Who are we looking for?
- An appreciation of sustainability, renewable energy technologies, thermodynamics and energy systems are essential.
- You should have a good degree in any engineering or physical sciences discipline – for example mechanical or electrical engineering, building services engineering, environmental engineering, architectural engineering or physics.
- You must be interested in the built environment and have the ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
- You will need to adapt to new situations quickly and be willing to contribute as an active design team member.
- A full driving licence is desirable.
What we offer
We offer 24 days’ leave plus additional flexi-leave (up to 12 days flex, plus an additional 10 days’ unpaid leave), flexible working hours, private healthcare, life assurance, company pension scheme, regular appraisals and a profit-share bonus scheme. Salary is highly competitive and will increase rapidly with experience.
Please click 'apply now' and send your CV and a chatty letter telling us about your background and why you are interested in the role.
Please note: all applicants must be legal residents of the UK with current right to work. To meet with current legislation, rights to work checks will be carried out to ensure candidates are eligible to work within the UK. We are currently unable to support candidates with a Tier 2 Visa or those requiring sponsorship to work here.
Apply by 10/05/2020