Salary: £21,000 pa
Contract: Two year fixed Term contract
Location: Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
At Hightown, we are a dynamic, growing charitable housing association that are passionate about building homes and supporting people.
We believe that everyone should have a home and the support that they need. Our operations touch the lives of a wide range of people: from people with severe learning disabilities, to young people struggling to move out of their family home. We aim to help those who are excluded by the private market.
We have big ambitions for our size. We believe that we can help to tackle the Housing Crisis by building as many homes as we can.
- Manage over 6,000 homes
- Build over 1,000 homes in the next two years
- Have an annual turnover of over £82 million
- Operate 85 care and support services
- Have over 1,000 dedicated staff
About the Role
We are offering a fantastic opportunity for two graduates to start in September 2020 to join our highly successful graduate training scheme.
Hightown's Graduate Scheme is about offering an effective grounding in a charitable housing association through a two year intensive programme. It is designed to give you a broad and diverse experience of how Hightown works where you can look forward to contributing to the delivery of our vision and values.
From day one you'll enjoy an incredibly varied learning experience by working with experts across many disciplines on a number of different placements. You'll experience Hightown hands-on and you'll be given the responsibility to take ownership of real projects which will make a difference.
Your progress will be measured against agreed objectives and you will enjoy extensive support.
We’re keen to recruit graduates who can help us ensure our values are at the heart of everything we do. Our values are:
- Put our residents and service users first
- Treat people with respect
- Be cost effective
- Don’t compromise on standards or safety
- Develop passionate and committed teams
You will need to demonstrate energy, enthusiasm and a `can do` attitude, together with good verbal and numerical reasoning, report writing and communication skills.
You will have recently left university with a good degree, or are due to graduate in summer 2020, and are seeking a career where you can make a real difference.
All applicants must hold a valid UK driving licence.
We offer a range of benefits which include:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, rising with service, plus statutory bank holidays
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Comprehensive training and development support
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Free on-site gym and commitment to health and wellbeing
Apply by 01/05/2020