This is is a fast-growing technology startup. The Talkative solution connects customer-facing websites with contact centres. We work with contact centres and digital marketing teams to enhance online customer journeys. With a number of enterprise reference customers, the solution is now being rolled out on a larger scale. The company is based next to the Celtic Manor Resort in South Wales and is backed by investors including Sir Terry Matthews.
Salary £20-24K + Commission
What is the role?
You will be introducing the tech solution to digital marketing and contact centre teams at organisations in the UK and further afield. You will need to uncover and understand their issues and set up product demonstrations or discovery meetings. You will be supported by the founding team, and have access to ongoing mentoring to supplement an initial in-depth 2 week training programme. You will be measured on the amount of opportunities you generate. If you’re looking for an opportunity where you can develop your own skills and make a tangible impact, we’d love to hear from you.
What will you be doing?
• Generating leads and meetings with new from new clients through a combination of calls, emails and letters.
• Converting inbound leads into sales opportunities.
• Articulating both the technical and commercial benefits of the tech to organisations.
• Researching organisations’s online customer journeys to identify opportunities for the Talkative technology.
• Generating new channel partnerships.
• Conveying market feedback on the solution to the engineering team.
• Working with the founding team to refine the sales process and potentially helping to hire new teammates.
• Learning how to demonstrate the solution to allow you to start handling other areas of the sales cycle.
What are we looking for?
• Humility - we don’t expect you to know everything but we do expect you to be open to coaching, training and improvement. You should always be striving to receive feedback and looking for ways to improve.
• Work Ethic - you should have a deep hunger for success and progress. You are ambitious and persistent.
• Curiosity - listening is perhaps the most important skill in sales. You should have an inherent curiosity for the customer, and you should be skilled at questioning them to understand their problems.
• Past Success - how have you succeeded in other endeavours? You’ll need to have discipline, initiative and the ability to set and reach targets.
• Intelligence - excellent written and verbal communication skills are key. You’ll need to be smart and have the ability to learn technical concepts.
• Any prior sales experience is beneficial but definitely not required.
Why should you join?
• Attractive payment package that rewards high performance.
• The chance to sell an innovative, disruptive technology with proven customers and multiple routes to market.
• Work with a supportive team and sales mentors to grow your own skills.
• Build relationships with a wide range of interesting clients and channel partners.
• Be an integral part of an ambitious, growing technology startup with impressive backers.
• Near-term career progression based on your performance and the company’s growth.
Apply by 31/03/2020