Salary £20-24K + Commission
This role’s primary purpose is to generate and convert sales leads into opportunities and buyers of our innovative software platform. You will also be responsible for working with customers who have signed up to a trial version of the software.
We firmly believe we can build a competitive advantage by being approachable and plain- speaking with our prospects. This role is a key part of that strategy and will enable us to develop an enviable and world class brand. If you’re a driven and brilliant communicator, we can teach you pretty much everything else.
Duties & Responsibilities
Your key responsibility is ensuring that your individual and team sales targets are achieved each month. You’ll achieve this with our support, but you will need to identify potential leads, engage with them and convert them into buyers. This will sometimes entail running online demonstrations and potentially helping customers who’ve decided to trial our platform.
You will work closely with others in the sales and marketing team to achieve joint objectives, and you will also interact with the on-boarding and customer success teams to ensure that any required information has been collated during the sales cycle.
- Your focus will be on delivering challenging sales targets.
- This will require the accurate and timely recording of data within the CRM system. You will be expected to outline your key metrics as well as provide accurate sales forecasts.
- Critically, the customers that you win should be able to be on-boarded as smoothly and as quickly as possible.
- You will maintain and update a daily, weekly, monthly work list to ensure that all leads are appropriately communicated with
- When a prospect signs up for a software trial you will make immediate contact to assess whether they wish to speak to somebody
- On a weekly basis you will sit with the team and debrief on which activities are working and where you may need help and support
- For specific campaigns you will follow up with phone calls and emails and ensure that the sales process is followed
- You will review your weekly reporting to understand progress to targets and the core metrics by which we are running the business (Recurring revenue, lifetime value, cost of acquisition)
- You will be passionate about tidy date, ensuring that all opportunities in CRM are fully detailed
- You will attend regular reviews with the product team. This will ensure you can pass on feedback to them on prospect responses and feedback on the tech and also make sure that you are aware of impending additional feature and benefits of the software
- You will also ensure that useful competitor information (pricing, functionality etc) is passed on to the team
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Behaviours
Your skills & Knowledge
- You will have a clear willingness and ability to listen
- You should be able to show empathy and understand what makes prospects buy
- You should have a strong knowledge and passion for technology
- You should have an understanding of how businesses operate
- Analytical Skills: this role calls for continual analysis of data. This analysis will help ensure you can keep on track and provide useful insights to both prospects and colleagues
- At least 2 years working in a technology (ideally SaaS) business, or alternatively in a sales role relating to Health & Safety
- Evidence of either employer-led or self-determined training must also be provided
Your behaviours: all are expected to display
- Courage to think for themselves and make decisions based on available information
- We all commit to making decisions based on data, and we have the courage to accept that we’ll still get some decisions wrong some of the time – that’s life!
- Support other members of the team, and our clients
- Our clients are helping keep people safe, they are often unsung heroes. Our first loyalty is to them and to each other because we share a common goal
- Constructive dissatisfaction - Every time a job is ‘done’ we’ll stand back and ask: ‘could we do it a bit better next time?’
- We produce great work, but we’re humble enough to go looking for the next improvement. We celebrate success but seek more
- Continuous personal development. None of us think we’re the finished article. We have a lifelong love of learning. We read books, watch TED talks, attend conferences and generally enjoy finding out about things we didn’t know
Apply by 31/03/2020