Access Creative College is more than just a college; we are a hub for young creative entrepreneurs who are shaping the future of the creative industries.
Now in our 27th academic year and serving more than 2000 learners across our seven UK based Centres over Levels 1-5, Access Creative College has a well-established reputation for music courses. We’ve been part of Ed Sheeran, Rita Ora and JP Cooper’s journey to stardom. For the past three years, we have been striving to provide that same well-respected education to a new generation of gamers and digital media creatives.
About the role:
Working with the Pathway Manager for Games, you will help deliver and develop our Games curriculum at our Centre in Shoreditch, London. You will be inspirational in your teaching methods, meeting our learners needs by sharing your knowledge and experience with active and hungry young minds. You will work at the core of the student experience by coordinating resources and managing student activities as well as developing industry links and course marketing.
- Experience working within the Games industry and/or hold a relevant degree or equivalent qualification
- Knowledge and experience in the games development process, including programming/developing games within Unity
- Understanding of UX and level design
- Experience in working with young people, either through mentoring, guest lecturing or another education or support focused role
- Hold an appropriate teacher training qualification or be willing to undertake teacher training i.e. DET, PGCE, Cert Ed, BEd., DTLLS, (Level 4)
- Experience of 3D software, including Autodesk, Maya and Substance Painter
- Traditional Games Art & Design techniques, including concept art and illustration within the Adobe Suite
You may have experience of the following: Games, Gaming, Games Industry, Games Lecturer, Games Teacher, Games Tutor, Teacher, Lecturer, Senior Lecturer, Games Art, Games Design, Games Technology, Senior Lecturer, Course Leader, Course Manager, Course Design, Education, Mentor, Teaching, Games Course, etc.
Access Creative College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure application to the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Access Creative College is committed to promoting a culture of Diversity and Inclusivity for all our employees and potential employees. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. In recognition of our commitment, we would particularly encourage applications from groups who are currently under-represented, which are those from the Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities and People with Disabilities and Women.