The NOVA brand delivers high-quality instruction and other language services to those who wish to improve their communicative proficiency in foreign languages. Students of a wide range of ages and ability levels, from complete beginner to very advanced, can choose to take small group or private lessons face-to-face in one of the many NOVA school branches throughout Japan, over a video-conferencing system or online from the comfort of their own homes, or a combination.
In addition to conversation skills-based lessons, test preparation courses are offered to students studying for specific English tests such as TOEIC or TOEFL. Also popular is our range of NOVA Plus courses. Some of these courses focus on specific skills (such as grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, etc.,) and some are geared towards specific purposes (such as business or travel).
The Multimedia Center offers both small group and private lessons, both online and through a video conferencing system. The curriculum mirrors the classroom curriculum with the added appeal of extra audio and visuals.
Advantages of NOVA's learning system:
- Group class sizes are limited to a maximum of four students for adult classes and eight for NOVA Junior classes.
- All instructors are native speakers of the respective language that they teach.
- Lessons are taught in the target language only in order to be fully immersive.
- There are many opportunities throughout the lesson to practice and apply the language being studied.
- An individual, electronic study record is maintained for each student and used to identify, monitor, and cater to individual learning needs.
- Study systems are flexible and convenient to use; students are able to combine different courses, languages and study locations.
All NOVA instructors are native speakers of the language that they teach. Some begin their NOVA careers with previous experience as educators and some with no prior teaching experience. Regardless, every instructor completes a comprehensive training program before they start teaching for NOVA. The program equips them with everything they need to be able to teach high quality lessons and provide excellent customer service. All NOVA instructors are committed to meeting and exceeding student expectations and supporting student progress towards the achievement of their goals.