UK business leaders consider the essential skills required for new hires
UK business leaders consider adaptability, resourcefulness and creativity essential skills for new hires
- 72% of UK business decision-makers say taking a creative approach to problem solving is the most valuable skill graduates can learn
- Employers want graduates who are not shaken in times of uncertainty and are able to hold their own
- Societal changes make it difficult for graduates and employers to predict what skills will be needed so being adaptable is key
- The University’s vision is to be internationally renowned as the UK’s leading business-facing university. It is innovative and enterprising and challenges individuals and organisations to excel.
- The University of Hertfordshire is one of the region’s largest employers with over 2,700 staff and a turnover of over £238 million.
- With a student community of over 24,800 including more than 4,100 overseas students from 100 different countries, the University has a global network of over 210,000 alumni.
- It is also one of the top 150 universities in the world under 50 years old, according to the new Times Higher Education 150 under 50 rankings 2016.
- For more information, please visit www.herts.ac.uk
Where to begin?
Undecided about what to do next after university? Don't panic GradJobs will help you! It is important to remember that you are not alone – there are many who don’t have any idea what to do after graduating.If you are unsure which career is right for you, or simply not sure where to start on your job hunt, then head to the Advice Clinic at the National Graduate...
You’ve made it through the first round and you’ve got an interview! Yet, it’s nerve-wracking going into a room and getting grilled to prove how you are the best candidate for the role. To create the right impression and make a positive impact at interview stage, there are a number of things you must take into consideration and prepare for...
Applying for a Job
From the perfect CV to cover letters, online applications, recruitment agencies, psychometric testing, job AND assessment centres, applying for a job can sometimes seem a little daunting, and that’s before you’ve even secured an interview! Follow our step-by-step guides and handy tips from industry professionals to make you stand out from your...
How the National Graduate Recruitment Exhibition can aid your job hunt
For many graduates, looking for their first job can be a daunting and unsettling process – not only are you moving away from university and the community that you have built but you are also having to take that first step into the working world...
Career advice videos
Online aptitudes tests
Are you prepared to tackle the intense recruitment process ahead of you? Get a head start on your peers by taking a psychometric aptitude test! Get full access and learn how to increase your chances of passing the tests successfully.
Take an aptitude test today >>