Top tips for attending GradJobs Live!
Make the most of your day
Here are our 10 top tips for making the most of your trip to GradJobs Live!:
1) First impressions: Approach the stands as you would do an interview – first impressions count!
2) Relevance: Think about what you want to get out of your time at the exhibition before you start talking to people.
4) Don’t be a sweetie stealer: Wandering around picking up free sweets and pens without speaking to anyone is not going to get you anywhere.
5) Be proactive and keen
: This is your best opportunity to help get a job; remember, a face to face conversation will make much more impact than a piece of paper describing you!
6) Ask questions
: Think of questions you would like to ask before you approach the stand. This will ensure you look interested and knowledgeable and avoid any awkward pauses.
7) Sell yourself, don't just wait to be sold to
: Start conversations with expressions such as ‘I’m interested in’ or ‘I know about your company and would like to find out more about’ rather than ‘Who are you and what do you do’ or ‘What can you offer'.
8) Create the right impression
: Try to look relaxed – enthusiasm is often a great cover for nerves!
9) Be the perfect candidate
: Find out what sort of candidate the exhibitors would like to take on for a graduate role. You can then tailor your skills to make them realise how suitable you would be!
10) Make the most of your time: You’ve made the effort to get here, so don’t think ‘how quickly can I get out of here?’ Take advantage of the free features on offer, such as the Mock Assessment Centre, Skills for Business Workshops, Careers Advice Lounge and free GradTalks.
Don't forget to download the GradJobs Live! app from the app store!