Need help with your CV?
With increased competition for graduate jobs, your CV may now compete with up to 200 others per vacancy. You never get a second chance to make a first impression so it is essential you ensure your CV stands out from the crowd and helps you secure that all-important interview!
Specialists from The Write Stuff will be on hand in the CV Clinic at GradJobs Live! to give you one-to-one advice on your CV. They will make sure you have avoided all the classic mistakes and have created a CV that highlights all your skills that employers are looking for.
- Be clear and concise, using no more than two sides of A4
- List the most important information first, such as education and your work experience
- Make sure you can account for any chronological gaps in your CV to avoid any awkward questions in an interview
- Don't forget to list your transferable skills such as blogs, societies, sports teams, community or summer projects
- Proof-read your CV to eliminate any spelling or grammatical errors
- Use a sensible email address (yes, we mean you email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org!)
Visit The Write Stuff's websiteTheWriteStuff.co.uk and click on CV services for information on their CV appraisal service.
Please note, the CV Clinic is the only service at the exhibition which requires a small cost to use (around £10). Alternatively, The Write Stuff will also do a talk on both days around crafting the perfect CV. All speaking sessions are free to attend.