Need help with your CV?
You rarely get a second chance to make a first impression so it is essential you ensure your CV stands out from the crowd and helps you secure that all-important interview!
Specialists will be on hand in the CV Clinic at GradJobs Live! to give you one-to-one advice on your CV. They will make sure you have avoided all the classic mistakes and help craft a CV that highlights all the relevant skills that employers are looking for.
- Be clear and concise, using no more than two sides of A4
- List the most important information first, such as education and your work experience
- Make sure you can account for any chronological gaps in your CV to avoid any awkward questions in an interview
- Don't forget to list your transferable skills such as blogs, societies, sports teams, community or summer projects
- Proof-read your CV to eliminate any spelling or grammatical errors
- Use a sensible email address (yes, we mean you email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org!)
There is no need to book in advance, just bring your CV on the day.